Hi, I’m Suzy Rowland, Founder #happyinschool project, autism & ADHD consultant, and cognitive behavioural therapist. Prior to re-training in therapeutic services, I spent 20+ years in corporate communications, copywriting, press and PR.
When my son was diagnosed with autism and ADHD, aged nearly nine, I set up #happyinschool project to share my knowledge and empower other parents who are struggling with the diagnosis, specifically around issues with education. I deliver training workshops to parents, educators and health professionals.
I work at the intersection of neurodevelopmental divergence, education and families. I encourage people to examine deeply held beliefs and invite them to consider changing these beliefs through the power of coaching and cognitive re-structuring to understand the power of positive emotional well-being, cultural identity and social equality in every human interaction.
How can I help you?
- Investigating evidence-based techniques for autism & ADHD learning and attainment
- Creating healthy dialogue in all children about ASD/ADHD – ‘difference’
- Managing school-related anxiety & low mood
- Transition planning & intervention
- Understanding the function of adverse behaviours in school and strategies to address it
- SENCO, senior management & NQT training
- Workshop & group facilitation
- Developing structures & strategies for multi-agency/partnership working
- Encouraging positive play for autistic & ADHD children
- Conflict resolution & mediation, e.g. school/parent
- #happyinschool evidence-based interactive and empowering workshops for parents & professionals (themes to be agreed)
- Developing a ‘growth mindset’ for pupils and staff
All projects are undertaken impartially and ethically to build lasting solutions. Dynamics between teachers, school leaders, parents, governors and local authorities are intrinsically complex, therefore I approach and assess each case individually.
Consultancy fees start from £500.00 (incl. VAT, minimum 1 day, professional insurance, excl. travel). All works conducted in accordance with safeguarding guidelines and include a summary report & recommendations. Please get in touch directly to discuss your exact requirements – email email@example.com or use the form.
By the end of December 2020, I will be accepting clients for private therapeutic work* in UK only, either face or face of via a digital interactive platform where appropriate. This is for families facing specific issues relating to school. I use a range of integrative psychotherapeutic & psychological ideas, especially cognitive behavioural models of psychotherapy (CBT) that are NICE recommended for children and adolescents.
If you feel you would benefit from seeing me privately, please get in touch using the contact form so we can arrange an informal chat and where appropriate, an initial assessment. Please review my testimonials page.
The fee for child & adolescent cognitive behavioural therapy is £75 per hour. If you’d like to discuss whether CBT is right for you and your family please get in touch, using the form.
I offer a number of group workshops in the community, in partnership with various charitable organisations, which are either free for parents or require a donation.
* I am not currently a full BACP member, however I work within ethical and standard practice guidelines, and my therapeutic work with families is under regular supervision.